Ealing Council unveils new cabinetWed 23 May 2018
Cllr Julian Bell, who re-elected as leader of Ealing Council last night, said: "The local elections showed that the residents of Ealing have a very clear view on the direction they want to take their borough. Genuinely affordable homes, living incomes and a healthy, great place to live. All while we fight to prevent a hard Brexit."
"These are the issues that matter to our residents and we will fight to deliver over the next four years."
Councillor Ranjit Dheer was recently awarded an OBE for services to local government and to charity. Cllr Yvonne Johnson managed to replace him as the council's new deputy leader.
The team of nine councillors who will form the cabinet, the council’s main decision making body, are:
- Cllr Julian Bell, leader and executive member for regeneration and transport
- Cllr Yvonne Johnson, deputy leader and member for schools and childrens’ services
- Cllr Yoel Gordon, chief whip
- Cllr Bassam Mahfouz, finance and leisure
- Cllr Jasbir Anand, business and community services
- Cllr Binda Rai, health and adults’ services
- Cllr Peter Mason, housing, planning and transformation
- Cllr Joanna Camadoo, community safety and inclusion
- Cllr Mik Sabiers, environment and highways
The new cabinet announced three core priorities for the council for the next four years, they are:
- Good, genuinely affordable homes
- Opportunities and living incomes
- A healthy and great place
If you have a local news story, share it with the rest of Southall, by using the contact form.